Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 29: Farewell, Jelly Belly

And so it has come, yet once again - that time of week where I publish my updated status.

Some numbers will be a little different as you may guess from yesterday's post. Honesty on the scale has set me back a bit in my ultimate goal and so the numbers are not as "whee-hee" as I had hoped... but they are honest. ::satisfied smile::

Days remaining: 193
Pounds remaining: 153.0
Inches lost/gained: -2.25 inches
Pounds lost/gained: +7.50 pounds

So, it would seem that in spite of the 7.5 pounds the evil little scale has generously added back to my frame (!), my overall size has diminished. I was certainly NOT expecting a loss of 2.25 inches over the past week! Only one area, my neck, increased. The other 11 areas lost inches or remained steady. God is so good!

This week, Jason and I have undertaken a new plan for losing weight. It involves an actual diet plan, working out, and some serious inch/weight loss. But more about that tomorrow.

For now, know that I am feeling more energetic, physically lighter, and clearer in thought. For the first time in the past 29 days, I actually have a scintilla of hope that I will be able to reach my ultimate goal.


3 comments:

Darth Sparkles said...

Woohoo for inches lost! It took me much longer to get back in shape after ChloeLise was born, than it did after I had Aiden. Pretty sure it's some sort of conspiracy.

Rebekah said...

Hooray! Inches are better than pounds anyway. :) Very, very proud of you for weighing, measuring, and looking honestly - and posting it, too! I'm sure that is helping contribute to your outlook. The knowledge of deceit tends to weigh us down. Love you!

Jason Cooper said...

I will simply say the dinners you are cooking not only taste pretty good, but are in the 300 calories range - how amazing is that?

Also - I am proud of you for being honest in keeping track of what you eat - I know that is one of the harder things to do!

<3
Jason