Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 36: It Works! It Really Works!

This marks the first status update I've actually been excited to share! Here are my stats comparing last week with today's measurements:

Days remaining: 185
Pounds remaining: 145.5
Inches lost/gained: -4.50 (!)
Pounds lost/gained: -7.50 (!!)

That's right! This past week, I really did lose 7.5 pounds and 4.5 inches... and that was measuring after only a couple hours of sleep and noticeable water retention!

My January goal still stands - to lose enough weight to be able to wear my wedding rings again - and progress has been made in that area. I have now gone from being able to wear them above the ring finger knuckle to being able to wear them both below that same knuckle. In fact, they fit so much lower that I can consistently wear both rings and do daily activities simultaneously (not doable previously).

As far as exercise, the wonderful anonymous donor is a constant motivating force to get out the door and work out at the YMCA gym. I feel guilty if I miss a day and went four days last week. The fifth day, I still got in cardio, but it was in the real world... outdoors... with my tiny monkeys.

My diet has immensely improved as Jason and I have undertaken to follow the Flat Belly Diet. It really does work and, yes, you really can eat chocolate while on this diet. I usually end up eating around half a cup of Ghirardelli dark chocolate baking chips every single day!!! I never feel hungry or deprived despite the small portion sizes... I shall disclose more next time!

Thank you for reading, for believing, for supporting... you truly motivate and inspire me! I'm on a roll now!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

All your hard work is paying off! =]

Janette said...

I am cheering for you!!!

Jason Cooper said...

:) I'm proud of you for focusing so well! Especially given how easy it would be to binge while dealing with the two miniatures.

Much love,
Me

Sam & Chelsea said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
So excited for you! Love ya!

Kate said...

Way to go, Ruth! Your hard work is paying off with awesome progress!!! :) :)

Anne said...

Rejoicing with you! <3