Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 17: The End of the Year As We Know It

It is here that I chuckle to myself as I sit in front of this computer, knowing full well I haven't even THOUGHT about making New Year's resolutions. :)

Yet it is not this thought that tickles various bones, but the thought that I had the foresight to make and ACT upon my New Year's resolution seventeen days ago. I'm sure the tragedy of neglecting such resolutions after a week or two has been averted by this simple action.

This journey started seventeen days ago... I don't need 1 January to kick me into gear (it has never worked that way for me before). Long live the workout!

May each one of you find the courage and perseverance to set forth on your own personal journeys this year; be they weight loss or something else. May my sharing of the sometimes harsh realities of losing weight be a blessing and encouragement to each of you. Most of all, may God give you the fortitude and endurance to accomplish your goals; physical and spiritual.

We run this race to win; so let us run with dignity and humility, looking always to the finish line and to the One who strengthens us in these noble endeavors.


2 comments:

Jason Cooper said...

I think it is gracious and elegant of you to intend for your weight-loss goals to draw others to Christ. Also that you acknowledge that, though not everyone has the same goals as you, many of the steps you have taken can categorically be taken by them as well.

You've inspired me this year in a variety of ways - you were instrumental in my completion of NanoWriMo this year (something I'd been trying to do for years), as well as being a consistently beautiful person.

Thank you for saying yes.

Oh, and Happy New Year :)

Jason

Mary said...

Ruth! I just found this, through your gmail blurb...I'm so proud of you. You're very brave to hold yourself accountable in this way, and you encourage me to stick with it!
Boyd says to tell you the water is a really good thing - that in order to burn fat you MUST consume plenty of water.
We love you, Ruth, and your beautiful family. We'll be holding you up to the Lord, to prosper you as you give Him all the glory :)