Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 15: Slow Progress

Got home in the afternoon on Monday, thereby pushing this status report to today. Come to think of it, it may be better to make my status reports on Tuesday anyway... leaving my Monday open to my weekly article.

I keep having a dread of having to figure out each post what day it is and how many are left, so I downloaded this awesome little piece of software called TimeLeft to give me instant numbers. The blogging shall not be impeded! :D

Today, I took measurements and compared with last week's data

Days remaining: 207
Pounds remaining: 145
Inches lost/gained: -1.50 inches
Pounds lost/gained: -1.00 pounds

In working on this project, I managed to lose a whole pound and one-and-a-half inches during a week wherein I was probably the most out of control with eating than I've been for a while. This culminated by a two day baking spree which necessitated me to make sure all the baked goods created were safe for the people who were about to receive them!

Oh, did I mention there was no exercise involved... unless you count standing for hours mixing and cooking cookies. :P

So far, this week (Week 3) is better. I went to the gym yesterday and hope to go again tomorrow (shooting for three times per week at this point). My eating was considerably more controlled today, assisted in part, I am sure, by the nasty, randomly-flaring face/jaw/ear/tooth/sinus pain which has been a nagging companion for the past two or so months.

Thank you all so much for your comments and encouragement... it really does make a difference and the very thought that I have to post my actual, physical progress each week does check my proclivities toward "hunting the muffins" (slang for anything delicious).

On the positive side, I decided to start drinking more water today and ended up downing 3.5 liters in about five hours. Scary part... none of that liquid registered for hours!! Must have been more dehydrated than I had suspected.

5 comments:

Jason Cooper said...

I'm glad you're drinking more water - outside of a ridiculous amount, it's always a good thing! I think you didn't register the water because you were diligently working on bookkeeping :)

I'm ridiculously proud of you for staying true to the course - you're gonna make it!

Remember: today is WEDNESDAY :D

love,
Jason

Unknown said...

One and a half inches and a pound is AWESOME!!! Way to go!!!

~Kate Brown

Rebekah said...

Yay! Progress is fantastic. :) You're doing great, Ruth.

uncle joe said...

awesome. We're all behind you... :P :P

Anne said...

Yay! God is doing a wonderful work in your life -- keep persevering! You (with His help) can do it! I'm joining you too!