Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 79: Better Late Than Never

Days remaining: 144
Pounds remaining: 140.5
Inches lost/gained this past week: +0.25
Pounds lost/gained this past week: -1.00
Percentage weight loss this past week: -0.34%

Total pounds lost: -12.5
Total inches lost: -15.25

Well... this posting is waay later than I was hoping to post it, but I felt it was important to put up the results from the last week.

Progress is so slow and I'm thinking of shaking things up a little. It seems when the weight goes down, the inches go up and when the inches go down, the weight goes up. Granted, when there is a gain of around 0.25 inches, usually that means there has been a significant loss at a couple of measuring points.

I have discovered Zumba... a Latin dance workout that makes you work harder than seems humanly possible while twisting, kicking, jumping, and moving your feet and hands to a beat that makes time fly. Oh, and did I mention you can burn up to 1000 calories per hour!! That is unheard of!

Friday, I attended two Zumba classes back to back! Oh. My. Goodness. I barely made it to the end of the second class and was completely wiped the next day. And the next. The experience, however, was so (I hate to use the word) empowering. I felt energetic even though I couldn't think about moving around any more and had a neat sense of accomplishment.

Zumba feels like dancing - as it should - and, though the mirror tells me otherwise, I feel like I'm the most graceful and powerful dancer around. So far, so good.

4 comments:

Jason Cooper said...

<3

I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I hope to compliment Zoomba as well as your other health improvement techiniques.

And I'm excited about seeing results from all of it working together.

Keep it up!

<3,
Me

uncle joe said...

how sad... only one other comment... well, heres another one to help cheer you up... :P :P

you looked really good this weekend... thanks for letting us watch petes and mikesy... :P :P

Sam & Chelsea said...

I love Zumba! It makes intense exercise fun....it gets addicting, so that'll be a great motivator to keep pressing on!

You've made it through the humps of the first few weeks of major life change...you're doing great! God is giving you the strength to keep going, going, going. Being a busy wife and mom of two tiny kids...and all of this diet and exercise stuff. It's an amazing witness! :-)

Bekah said...

I've not tried Zumba, but it does sound like fun. :)